POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : phase and bumps : phase and bumps Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:39:34 EDT (-0400)
  phase and bumps
From: Steely
Date: 14 Oct 2003 21:20:01
Message: <web.3f8ca0086f671e0faeb8ce9d0@news.povray.org>
Hello to all,

I am trying to make an animation on a very low level, simulating the
movement of sand dunes. I tried to make it this way:

plane {
y, 0
  texture {
    pigment {
    bumps
    color_map {
    [0.00 Yellow*0.1 ]
    [0.25 Yellow*0.3 ]
    [0.55 Yellow ]
    [1.00 Yellow*0.6 ]
    } scale <0.5,1,1.5> }
    normal { bumps 30 phase clock  scale <0.5,1,1.5> }
    finish{
      diffuse 0.8
      ambient 0.1
    }
  }
}

when replacing "bumps" with "gradient" or "marble" or other patterns, I can
see the effect I expected, but with bumps there is only an effect in the
background, near the horizon, and in the foreground happens nothing.

What am I making wrong?

TIA

Rm